Mr. Le Phuoc Vu was born on May 28, 1963 in Quy Nhon, a coastal central province of Vietnam.
Mr. Vu is the founder, chairman of Hoa Sen Group (HSG), the leading group of Vietnam. Mr. Vu started business from $ 100 in 1994, up to now HSG is the leading producer and trader in Vietnam and Southeast Asia for steel products and exports to more than 70 countries and regions including America, Europe, Australia, India, Middle East, Africa With the leadership of Mr. Vu HSG has become a leader and achieved the titles and achievements as follows:
Global Top Company of the World Economic Forum, Asia’s Best Management Company 2014, 2016 by Euro Money Magazine, Top 50 best listed companies in Vietnam from 2013 to 2017 by Forbes Magazine, Top 50 Most Effective Business Firms in Vietnam 2014-2017, Top 50 Most Valuable Brands in Vietnam by Brand Finance (United Kingdom), Vietnam’s 40 most valuable company brands by Forbes.
Top 10 Social Responsibility Companies of the Vietnam Gold Star Award (Vietnam’s Most Prestigious Business Award), the Top 20 Biggest Companies in Vietnam by Vietnam Report based on business results data, methodology and advice from Harvard Business School professors. Vu was awarded the Second Class Labor Medal by the President of Vietnam. He is the co-chairman of the Vietnam-India Business Forum and a Global Business Leader honored by Ernest & Young in Monaco in 2015.He is currently the Vice President of the Vietnam National University Development Fund in Ho Chi Minh City.Mr. Vu is a strong Buddhist who has contributed to human development with concrete actions such as:
– He is the founder and sponsor of the Vietnamese Family Warm Shelter program to help street children, orphans and children with disabilities for the International Children’s Day , Mid-Autumn Festival and Lunar New Year, organize entertainment programs for children and provide them with goods for many years.
– Organized a series of Never Give Up events with the participation of tens of thousands of young Vietnamese in 2013 and 2014 to bring in talented lecturer Nick Vujicic to Vietnam for encouragement to the spirit of hard work and overcome difficulties. It was a true inspiration for millions of young people, students, handicapped children, orphans and homeless in Vietnam.
– Mr. Vu always contributes ideas and funding for student education programs at various universities in Vietnam
– He is a great sponsor for the activities of Buddhist youths and Buddhist monks and nuns in Vietnam, helping them contribute to the development of Vietnamese spiritual life in the spirit of selflessness and daily living. At the same time, he always advocates the thought of equality and friendship among nations, Mr. Vu is the patron of the World Reconciliation Concert conducted by Charles Ansbacher, conductor of the Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra, in April 2010 at the Hanoi Opera House.
– For many consecutive years, he is the sponsor for the Special Children’s Soccer Tournament, organized for orphans, street children, illegal children, SOS Village, conduct international exchange program with the special children from Thailand, Malaysia
– He regularly sponsors thousands of students to participate in meditation summer courses.
– He regularly makes donation to build charity houses for the poor, build bridges and roads in Vietnamese rural area. He donated tens of millions of dollars to build Dai Tung Lam Hoa Sen Spiritual Area that allows Buddhist monks and Buddhists to practice spirituality, develop kusala, a specifically way to build a world of peace and happiness.